Terra fertilis® STIMULATE YOUR PLANTS!
Terra fertilis® is a professional quality organic amendment with high porosity, a high carbon content and a high content of mineral elements essential to the proper development of plants. A natural product from our FSC-certified forests, it is recommended for the sustainable improvement of soil quality and to optimize the effectiveness of fertilizers.
Terra fertilis®, means less watering, less fertilizer,
plants that are naturally more resistant
and abundant flowering!
Our products comply with the NFU 44-051 and 44-551 standards and can be used in organic agriculture in application of the (EC) regulation No. 834/2007.
of Terra fertilis®
- Thanks to its high porosity, it improves the water retention capacity of the soil
- Improves rooting
- Lightens heavy soils, enriches light soils
- Long-term sequestration of carbon in the soil
- Thanks to its high specific surface, it improves the retention of nutrients and limits leaching
- Balances the pH and increases the availability of nutrients to plants
- Improves exchanges between the soil and the plant
- Stimulates the biological activity of the soil through its niche role for micro-organisms
A NATURAL LIFE CYCLE!
Terra fertilis® FOLLOWS A
SIMPLE PROCESSING CYCLE
Our biochar is a high quality vegetable charcoal that has a high carbon content. It is obtained by “slow” pyrolysis from single or mixed wood species.
Pyrolysis is the chemical breakdown of an organic compound by a significant increase of its temperature, in a low-oxygen atmosphere.
Pyrolysis produces a carbonised solid
(Terra fertilis®), a gas and a tar. The gas and tar are re-injected to provide the energy necessary for the pyrolysis, or are used to dry the wood, or even to produce thermal or electrical energy by gasification.
TERRA PRETA, THE LEGACY OF A MYSTERIOUS
Terra Preta is a soil of human origin, created more than 2000 years ago by a pre-Columbian civilization: amended with vegetable charcoal, organic waste and shards of pottery, these arid and unproductive Amazon lands became the richest soils in the world.
Terra fertilis® is inspired by these lands extremely rich in wood charcoal and in micro-organisms which, to this day, continue to renew themselves at a rate of 1 cm per year.